Backend engineer with a love for gaming
Academic Work Sweden AB / Datajobb / Stockholm Visa alla datajobb i Stockholm
eller i hela Sverige Visa alla jobb hos Academic Work Sweden AB i Stockholm
eller i hela Sverige
Abios Gaming continues to grow and now we are searching for experienced engineers to join their gaming-loving team at their amazing office near Torsplan! Are you a backend engineer who wants to be a part of an exciting growth journey ahead at a company with a unique product that values its employees high? Apply today, we apply continuous selection!
Abios is a Stockholm-based esports data provider, founded in 2013. We distribute industry-leading esports data and technology across the globe. Our customers include world-famous esports teams, search engines, and sportsbooks. We provide our customers with data APIs, data visualisation iframes and odds on top of which they can build the next generation of esports products.
Being a tech scaleup, our engineering team has a significant business impact and makes important decisions for the direction of our company. We work in small agile teams with clear missions and end-to-end ownership of our product development, utilising a modern tech stack to create novel data-based esports products.
For this role, we only consider candidates based in Sweden.
What You'll Do
As a Backend Engineer, your primary responsibility is to design, develop and maintain an application or software's server-side logic and systems. This involves working with different technologies and tools to build scalable, secure, and efficient solutions that meet the needs of the end users.
Your role requires a deep understanding of REST and WebSocket APIs, cloud-based services and infrastructure, microservices and databases. Our main programming language is Golang, previous experience with it is not mandatory. Familiarity with AWS services such as EKS, RabbitMQ, Redis, Lambda, Aurora, etc., is also essential.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, have a passion for delivering high-quality code and be a great communicator. You should also be comfortable working in a team environment, collaborating with other developers, testers, and project managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time.
What we can offer you:
• Abios is an esports startup at its core, with employees sharing a love for esports and gaming. As such, our Stockholm office has gaming computers and consoles, perfect for in-house tournaments or an after-work CS:GO full-stack. For those interested, there are events on the social calendar including exercising days, breakfast on Fridays, and after work with colleagues.
• We take the health of our employees seriously and understand that sometimes life gets in the way. Hence, we allow our employees to work from home a day per week as needed
• Our competitive salaries and benefits include a generous parental leave program, health benefits, and pension. We offer 30 days of paid leave a year because we believe everyone deserves a healthy work-life balance, and we are open to partly remote work.
• Build amazing end-to-end API's and developer experiences
• Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles and a fail-fast approach
• Ensure that our APIs are robust, dependable, and high-performing by implementing the necessary measures to ensure their security, reliability, and performance
• Use state of the art technologies to solve real problems for our customers at vast scale
• Work closely with various cross-functional teams to develop and deliver tools or data structures to measure, optimize and scale our product offerings
• Share your knowledge and expertise to help the team evolve best practices; be a mentor and a mentee
Projects you may work on
• Building the future of the Abios public API's and contributing to projects with significant outreach, serving tens of millions of user requests daily
• Building and scaling Abios software infrastructure
• Working with product teams to extend the capabilities of our API's
• Complex systems that operate at a high frequency and with high stakes for all stakeholders
VI SÖKER DIG SOM
• A few years of industry experience building high-quality code and infrastructure
• A passion for API:s, infrastructure, and building amazing developer experiences
• A desire to work closely with the developers depending on your libraries to deliver value in the product portfolio
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
• Growth mindset and bias for action
• Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security.
To work efficiently with our code-base, we would like to see that you have practical experience in a few of these areas (personal or professional)
• REST & WebSocket APIs
• Cloud-based services and infrastructure
• AWS: EKS, RabbitMQ, Redis, Lambda, Aurora etc
• Microservice infrastructure
• CI/CD pipelines
• SQL dialects & schema design
• Containerisation & Kubernetes
Above all, we will look at the following personal characteristics:
• Start: As soon as possible
• Work extent: Full time
• Location: Central Stockholm
Academic Work handles the recruitment process and Abios Gaming wishes that all issues concerning the service are handled by Academic Work. We go through the selection on an ongoing basis and the ad can be shut down before the position is filled if we have moved on to the selection and interview phase.
INFORMATION OM FÖRETAGET
Read more about Abios Gaming here! Ersättning
Enligt avtal Så ansöker du
Sista dag att ansöka är 2023-04-18 Klicka på denna länk för att göra din ansökan Arbetsgivarens referens
Arbetsgivarens referens för detta jobb är "15090277". Omfattning
Detta är ett heltidsjobb. Arbetsgivare Academic Work Sweden AB
(org.nr 556559-5450), http://www.academicwork.se Arbetsplats
Academic Work Jobbnummer