Sr Scientist Biocatalysis - Expert enzyme catalysed synthesis
AstraZeneca AB / Kemistjobb / Göteborg Visa alla kemistjobb i Göteborg
Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat.
, Kungälv Visa alla jobb hos AstraZeneca AB i Göteborg
Do you have practical experience of using biocatalysis for small molecule synthesis? Are you interested in establishing and growing our new biocatalysis lab at a company where we are committed to lifelong learning, growth and development? Welcome to AstraZeneca!
We are seeking a specialist Chemist to play an important part in our iLAB team, focusing on the application of biocatalysis for compound diversification in the early drug discovery space. In a team working with automation and high throughput synthesis you have the opportunity to drive and establish biocatalytic capabilities in a new lab at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. With our ground-breaking pipeline comes a bright future - a secure job, exciting opportunities, and varied work. You will be valued. Not only for your unique contribution, skills, and background, but because we recognize people are our greatest asset. Here we are dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
What you will do:
This is an exciting lab-based role where you will drive the set up and development of a new biocatalysis lab capability at AstraZeneca Gothenburg. You will perform HT enzyme screening, optimise and scale up enzyme catalysed reactions using a variety of enzyme chemistries - and use and develop currently available chemistry automation for biocatalysis driven synthesis. You will also contribute to the continuous improvement of the biocatalysis platform by developing and applying cutting edge methodologies for enzyme synthesis and by evaluating new technologies.
In your daily work you will troubleshoot laboratory-based problems and make a significant contribution to the delivery of the team. As a Biocatalysis Chemist, you will have access to the best internal and external science and be expected to enhance business reputation both internally and externally through peer-reviewed publications and oral/poster presentations.
Essential on the role:
You're a chemist with a track record of applying innovative chemistry solutions, which result in impact on projects. You also have:
* Ph.D. in a relevant chemistry discipline, or a Master degree in chemistry with minimum 5 years' experience in biocatalysis and synthetic organic chemistry.
* Hands-on experience in enzyme catalyzed synthesis including HT screening and reaction optimization.
* Expertise in theoretical and practical organic synthesis, retrosynthesis, compound route design, purification and analytical science.
* Knowledge and experience in molecular biology.
* Knowledge of in silico and in vitro enzyme engineering.
* Good knowledge of current chemical literature, chemical technologies and innovations for driving project delivery.
The successful candidate should be motivated to work effectively in hardworking teams and demonstrate ability to work across scientific disciplines to drive project progress. We believe this candidate should have great communication skills, a scientific drive and a long term commitment to developing biocatalysis as an innovative tool in drug discovery.
Desirable in the role:
* Experience of working in the pharmaceutical/agrochemistry/biotech industry in a discovery environment.
* Experience with chemistry automation, liquid/solid handling robots.
* Experience of chiral analytical methods, UPLC-MS, SFC, NMR, VCD.
* Knowledge of drug design/medicinal chemistry.
* Programming experience e.g C#, Python.
* Experience in portfolio review- finding new opportunities for applying biocatalysis to synthetic challenges.
Join the team unlocking the power of what science can do. We are working towards treating, preventing, modifying, and even curing some of the world's most complex diseases. Here we have the potential to grow our pipeline and positively impact the lives of billions of patients around the world. Thrive in a place where the brightest and most curious minds seamlessly come together in our inclusive environment.
So, what's next? If this sounds like your next challenge - apply today!
Welcome with your application but send it to us no later than September 18th, 2022.
For more information about the position please contact Dr Martin Hayes, Biocatalysis Lead, iLAB at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
About BioPharmaceuticals R&D: https://www.astrazeneca.com/r-d.html
Heltid Permanent Publiceringsdatum
Not Specified Så ansöker du
Sista dag att ansöka är 2022-09-07Klicka på denna länk för att göra din ansökan Företag
Astrazeneca AB Jobbnummer
6890505 Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat. Sökord