Mechanical Design Engineer
Northvolt Ett AB / Maskiningenjörsjobb / Skellefteå Visa alla maskiningenjörsjobb i Skellefteå
, Norsjö Visa alla jobb hos Northvolt Ett AB i Skellefteå
Do you have what it takes to enable the future of energy? Northvolt is right now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team and be involved in Making oil History. You will be given the opportunity to develop tooling, jigs, equipment etc. as well as being a part of building one of the first European large-scale lithium-ion battery factories.
We are searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of CNC & CAM but can also have similar experience of designing products from a mechanical perspective and its challenges.
Having a good understanding of production processes and have a proven record of taking part in the full development of products is a qualifying experience, including designing manufacturing tools and equipment.
At Northvolt we work tightly together with a low level of hierarchy, and we encourage different backgrounds and level of experience. What we all have in common is that we are bold, passionate and in whatever area we are working in, we do it with excellence towards a greener and more sustainable future!
Do you have what it takes to be a part of our team?
Developing Jigs, fixtures and Tooling for multiple applications
Plan, organize, direct and follow up on project related testing activities
Ensure delivery of the project activities and interact with Supply Chain, Process Engineering, R&D Labs and Northvolt Battery System unit etc.
Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between customers and Northvolt's internal stakeholders
Develop and review mechanical drawings and models with computer aided tools
Drive and lead internal and external design reviews within the mechanical and structural analysis area and include your findings to create better products
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile. Full time employment, fixed salary. The role may require some travel within Europe.
We believe that you have :
- BSc, degree within mechanical engineering is a must
- +3 years of mechanical design experience where part of the experience is in product development is a plus
- Experience in Siemens NX. Catia, Ansys or similar CAE simulation and CAM software.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be in constant interaction with internal customers and team members from both the technical and business development side
- Strong understanding of machine tool operations.
- Strong Hands-On computer-aided design skills.
- Strong Hands- on approach to problem solving.
- At least basic knowledge of ISO9001:2015, IAFT 16949 and VDA 6.3;6.5,
- Understanding of automotive requirements and Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) importance,
- Experience in reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of metal alloys, Engineering plastics and surface treatments.
- Experience in documentation creation (e.g., specification, process flow)
Bonus points for:
- Excellent English both in written and oral skills. Korean, Japanese or German is a plus!
- Ability to work under high pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and used to manage a range of activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour.
- Understanding that high product quality is important.
- Focus on deliver the best quality product and service to internal/external customers.
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy - efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We're constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great - they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We're staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We're prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we're dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.
Heltid Tillsvidare Publiceringsdatum
Fast månads- vecko- eller timlön Så ansöker du
Sista dag att ansöka är 2022-11-15Klicka på denna länk för att göra din ansökan Företag
Northvolt Ett AB Jobbnummer