Master thesis: CFD Optimization for improved compressor efficiency and
Siemens Energy AB / Maskiningenjörsjobb / Finspång Visa alla maskiningenjörsjobb i Finspång
Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat.
eller i hela Sverige Visa alla jobb hos Siemens Energy AB i Finspång
eller i hela Sverige
Master thesis: CFD Optimization for improved compressor efficiency and reliability
Compressor rotor blades are shown to experience periodic flow excitation forces from surrounding vanes. In some cases, the surrounding vane stages have the same counts, leading to multiple forces of the same kind that can superimpose on a specific rotor blade. This superposition can lead to both increase or decrease of the periodic excitation force, depending on the tangential phase difference, or clocking, of the acting vane stages. It has been shown that by varying the vane rows clocking can significantly affect the flow excitation levels exerted on a blade. The same is most probably applicable to the aerodynamic performance.
In this work the student will explore the possibilities to get optimum solution that minimizes the forcing and improves the efficiency of the affected compressor stages. The work will be performed with the use of the CFD solver TRACE Harmonic Balance. A major part of the work will be to develop and document an automatized way to reach that optimum solution coupling the various CFD and FEM analysis chains.
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
* MSc. student in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, engineering physics or similar.
* Experience and interests in using commercial CFD tools, e.g., CFX, STAR-CCM, TRACE or other, and programming skills with Matlab and/or Python.
* Experience with solid mechanics, structural dynamics and FEM is an advantage.
* Ability to work independently, but not afraid of asking questions to move forward in your work
* Is structured and communicates well.
* Can find own ways and solutions to challenges and problems.
* Conduct a literature review over the state-of-the-art in effects of compressor vane clocking on efficiency and forced response
* Perform CFD simulations and analysis
* Process development or tool development for automated clocking optimization.
Your opportunities for personal growth
* Increase your experience in CFD.
* Gain knowledge on blade dynamics and aerodynamics within state-of-the-art industrial axial compressor.
* Gain insight into the R&D departments of Siemens Energy
Through our Generation division, we enhance and innovate conventional and renewable power supply. Currently, we're reducing carbon emissions of existing assets and developing technologies that transform power generation applications.
What's it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Don't hesitate - apply via https://jobs.siemens-energy.com/jobs,
id nr 236996 not later than October 23^rd.
For questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager Henrik Pilvinge on firstname.lastname@example.org
, or the responsible supervisor Nikola Kafedzhiyski on email@example.com
Fixed salarySå ansöker du
Sista dag att ansöka är 2022-10-23Klicka på denna länk för att göra din ansökanFöretag
Siemens Energy AB Arbetsgivarens referens
Arbetsgivarens referens för detta jobb är "236996". Omfattning
Detta är ett deltidsjobb. Arbetsgivare Siemens Energy AB
(org.nr 556606-6048) Arbetsplats
Siemens Energy Jobbnummer
7014796 Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat.