Industrialization Design Engineer - Automotive Cell Modules
Northvolt AB / Elektronikjobb / Västerås Visa alla elektronikjobb i Västerås
Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat.
, Eskilstuna Visa alla jobb hos Northvolt AB i Västerås
Northvolt now has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Industrialization Design Engineer for automotive battery modules to join our great team.
At Northvolt you will play an important part from the very start, building one of the first large-scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play a significant role in the transformation to a carbon-free society.
As the Industrialization Engineer for Automotive Cell Modules you will be the link between the design team and manufacturing team. You will ensure Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and that the design is cost effective in terms of manufacturing. We strive for an open culture where you bring your own experience and ideas to develop the best performing and most cost efficient battery module. You will be part of the Automotive Business Unit, working close with both our Project, Operations and battery cell R&D teams. The role reports to our Director of Engineering.
We are looking for an enthusiastic learner who takes ownership and responsibility for tasks and is eager to collaborate to achieve great results. We would like to see that you are familiar with Automotive Development Processes, with solid experience from battery module production towards the automotive industry.
We believe that you have experience both working close to manufacturing and production as well as product development. In general, you have a collaborative spirit, and you are eager to contribute to creating great end-results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- industrial engineering for battery modules
- Development an industrialisation conzept within the design team
- Ensure manufacturability for the product bill of material (BOM), including timing and cost.
- Work within the design team in a early phase to create a manufacturability design
- Knowledge for the manufacturing processes and cost drivers for battery modules
- Develop launch plan to match production milestones with design milestones (line/prototype trials)
- Aligning with design and purchasing in the early phase to ensure manufacturability
- Liaising with customers - meeting their timeline when it comes to industrialization
Please apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Planned starting date is asap.
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Engineering
- Solid knowledge in Automotive Batteries (cells, modules and/or packs)
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Startup and growth company experience is an advantage
- Familiar with DFMEA and QA troubleshooting tools
- Successful track record of leading product, process, equipment develop projects in prototype and production factories
- Experience with evolving products, processes, and equipment from prototype scales to production scales in a fast-growing environment ideally in the Food, Pharma, Paper & Pulp, Semiconductor, Electrochemical or similar industry
- Hands-on experience in 3D CAD DFM tools (eg. Catia, Siemens NX) is an advantage
- Good understanding of high voltage safety and required design aspects
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills in both technical and business environments
- German or Swedish language is an advantage
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Time management skills
- Have plenty of grit and a can-do attitude
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A sense of humor and a curious mind
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world's greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt's team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe's largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
The future needs high-quality, green batteries. And it needs lots of them.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!
Heltid Tillsvidare Publiceringsdatum
Fast månads- vecko- eller timlön Så ansöker du
Sista dag att ansöka är 2021-06-13Klicka på denna länk för att göra din ansökan Företag
Northvolt AB Jobbnummer
5492310 Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat. Sökord