Global Packaging Engineer China - Ospb Packaging Assortment & Selection
Scania CV AB / Logistikjobb / Södertälje Visa alla logistikjobb i Södertälje
Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat.
eller i hela Sverige Visa alla jobb hos Scania CV AB i Södertälje
eller i hela Sverige
Scania is now undergoing a transformation from being a supplier of trucks, buses and engines to a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions.The Packaging Assortment & Selection department is looking for a Global Packaging Engineer to help to secure the new Scania hub in China from a packaging perspective and to implement our future packaging strategy.
Who are we?
Scania has decided to establish a 3rd industrial hub in China besides the already existing ones in Europe and Latin America. A large-scale project has been initiated to develop and implement this hub and one important part of this project is packaging. The 3rd industrial hub in China will include deliveries from local part suppliers as well as a considerable volume of parts imported from European suppliers.
One of the most crucial activities is to define which packaging to use for each part/component from the different suppliers to the hub considering part quality in combination with costs and environmental impact. Comparing returnable vs. one-way packaging has so far proved to be an important topic given the long distances.
OSP - Packaging Development is responsible for the strategy of Scania 's global packaging solutions. Our ambition is to become the leader within sustainable logistics and our mission is to globally develop and optimize our logistic flows from an packaging perspective. We strive to ensure minimal environmental impact, high quality and minimal total logistic costs in our supply chain. As part of TRATON Group, we work closely together with other brands in order to reach the full potential as a group.
OSPB Packaging Assortment & Selection is responsible for packaging selection at Scania. Roughly speaking, packaging selection refers to the process of developing packaging solutions (packaging instructions) considering a part and its flow between point A and B.
We strive to enable conscious decisions, being aware of the impact of packaging instructions on part quality, sustainability and costs. We work towards standardisation and elimination of waste by providing optimised processes, digital tools & automation and training.
How can you contribute to our projects?
Your role and scope may vary over time according to the needs of the project and the team, but the initial main responsibilities are:
• The implementation of one-way packaging for overseas flows
• Creating packaging instructions in dialogue with suppliers, purchasing and the industrial network
• Developing and verifying processes for the implementation of one-way packaging for overseas flows
• Contributing to our global Assortment and Selection Strategy
• Training and coaching of new members of the Scania Packaging Network
Is this you?
We seek an ambitious individual with good communication and relation-building skills, who can see the bigger picture in a complex environment. Your structured approach and can do-attitude, along with your communication-skills, will enable you to collaborate effectively with the different stakeholders for a positive outcome.
We would also like that...
• You have an University or College degree (or comparable), preferably within Packaging Development or Logistics.
• You have work experience within logistics; packaging development, supply chain development, material control and/or a supplier focused role.
• To be successful in the role you need to have a genuine interest for logistics and the supply chain and preferably packaging engineering.
• You easily see the big picture, understand the details and see opportunities for continuous improvement.
• You are enthusiastic and like to work in a fast-changing environment, you don't shy away for a challenge.
• You are ambitious and determined and have a can do-attitude. Keeping deadlines and reaching goals is important to you.
• You are well structured and skilled within Excel, Power BI or similar analytics tools and base your solutions on facts, data and analytics.
• As the role is cross functional you need to be comfortable networking inside and outside the organisation.
• You are fluent in the English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
If this job description matches your profile, we look forward to your application!
What we offer
Scania offers permanent employment from day one. No try-out period. We believe in recruiting the right people in the right way. And giving them the prerequisites they need to succeed.Other than this, you get a number of big corporation goodies, like:
• Annual bonus
• Pension plan
• Wellness allowance
• Continuous learning
• And much more...
We also want to mention Scania's values, summarized in something called the Scania Way . They are amazing - because they are also used. You can read more about them here: The Scania Way | Scania Group
We have a flexible office policy. This, in practice, means that you can work from home, from our brand new office in Stockholm City, or from our office in Södertälje. We meet at least twice per week - in one of the places mentioned - to work together and help each other out. Or just have a proper fika session!
For more information, please contact:
Marcus Nessle Åsbrink, Manager - OSPB Packaging Assortment & Selection
• 46 70 081 12 79 / email@example.com
Doris Lanke, Process Development - OSPB Packaging Assortment & Selection
• 31 618 581 150 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and cover letter via Reflex/JobSearch as soon as possible and no later than October 5th 2023
A backgroundcheck is conducted for this position
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2020, we delivered 66,900 trucks, 5,200 buses as well as 11,000 industrial and marine power systems to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 125 billion, of which over 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 50,000 people. Research and development are mainly concentrated in Sweden. Production takes place in Europe and Latin America with regional product centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON GROUP. For more information visit: www.scania.com. Ersättning
Enligt överenskommelse Så ansöker du
Sista dag att ansöka är 2023-10-05 Klicka på denna länk för att göra din ansökan Omfattning
Detta är ett heltidsjobb. Arbetsgivare Scania CV AB
(org.nr 556084-0976), https://www.scania.com Arbetsplats
Scania Övrig information om företaget/organisationen Offentliga upphandlingar där Scania CV AB varit leverantör Jobbnummer
8130925 Observera att sista ansökningsdag har passerat.